Monday, January 31, 2011
Friday, January 28, 2011
After Christmas, and the population of toys more than doubled in our house, the toys were just too much in the living room. Terry used to have a quiet computer room where she could go and quietly edit photos...or just escape for a bit! But to clear up the living room a bit, the computer room has been taken over and is now the "toy room".
Wednesday, January 26, 2011
Monday, January 24, 2011
For the past few days it has been Kaden that has been sick, he is getting his top two teeth on top of having a nasty cold. Karter doesn't like to see Kaden upset, so one day last week he did his best to cheer him up...
I love these two!!
Tuesday, January 18, 2011
Friday, January 14, 2011
He was so cute trying so hard to get the puffs out! At first he was frustrated, because he doesn't like anything to get in the way of his food, but he finally accepted the challenge...
...and had success!!
Thursday, January 13, 2011
Saturday, January 8, 2011
Karter is such a great big brother! Earlier this week he saw Kristoffer and I helping Kaden practice walking, and the next day he decided he wants Kaden to walk to him. To help cheer Kaden on Karter grabbed two toys to use as "cymbals"! I used our little tripod, so that he why towards the end you can't see Karter's face. It is so sweet to watch these two!!
Thursday, January 6, 2011
Our little boy is the happiest little thing and almost always has a smile on his face, the only time he doesn't is when he is too busy demanding food! He is changing everyday, but here are some of the things he is up to...
- Eating! Kado is still a big eater and will eat just about anything that we put in front of him. Thankfully he isn't very picky, but his favorite foods are definitely any type of fruit. He is eating 3 meals a day with 1-2 snacks, and about 2 weeks ago he decided he was done nursing, so he is completely transitioned to whole milk.
- Kaden is always "talking"! He likes to point to things and say "da" and want to touch it and know what it is. But there are 2 words that he definitely knows, "duck" and "drink". Terry has quite the collection of ducks around the house and Kaden is very good at pointing them out! In our house you cannot sit and enjoy something to eat or drink without Mr. Kaden begging for some. Whenever he sees someone with something he crawls as fast as he can and starts gleefully saying "drink". It is pretty cute, but sometimes it would be nice to have a drink without having so much backwash!
- Walking is just around the corner for Kaden. He is really good at cruising the furniture and walking with his walker or while holding our hands, but Daddy has decided we are going to spend this weekend teaching him to walk! We have been practicing having him walk between the two of us and he has taken 4-5 steps on his own before he sits down or leans into us. Karter is a great big brother and loves to have him walk to him too!
- Kaden is a drooling machine! It goes in spurts, but more often than not Kaden is soaked from his chin to his diaper. For a long time we were associating it with teething, but he still just has the two bottom teeth.
- Kaden is all boy, and loves to get on the floor and wrestle with anyone or anything. Rascal has gotten to the point where when he sees Kado coming he gets out of the way! Kaden's favorite thing to wrestle are the pillows. When he sees one on the floor he will squeal and crawl full force into it. Him and Karter have a lot of fun with the pillows.
- Just like his big brother, Kaden loves music and clapping. Just about every toy the boys got for Christmas makes
noisemusic, and Kaden loves to turn them on just to listen to the music and dance. He gets pretty proud of himself and claps!
- Bath time is definitely a favorite time of day in our house (for everyone!), but Kaden especially loves it because he gets to crawl up the stairs. Not only does he get to go on the forbidden stairs, but most nights he usually just has a diaper on (if that) and this boy loves to be naked!
- He is turning into a pretty good sleeper. He goes to bed around 8:15 and on most nights we don't hear from him again until 6:30am. Up until this past week he had been taking two naps a day, but this week we dropped his morning nap, to free up sometime for us to leave the house and run errands. So far he is adjusting very well, and doesn't seem anymore cranky at bedtime.
- I just can't believe that he will be one in less than a month! We are in the process of finding a new pediatrition, so next month we will have some official weight/height updates! He is a big boy wearing 12-18 month clothes, size 4 diapers during the day and size 5 at night, and we can't find any regular shoes to fit his chunky little feet! He's perfect :)
Even though we are a week late...Happy 11 months to our precious baby boy!!
Tuesday, January 4, 2011
Karter and Jonah had a great time passing out the gifts.