Friday, January 30, 2009
Thursday, January 29, 2009
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
He gets a toy (in this case a coaster) and chases it all around the living room/kitchen.
Rascal thought he was safe hiding under the table.
He soon realized, he isn't safe anywhere! Poor guy, just trying to sun bath and then the next thing he knows his beard is being tugged on!
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Thursday, January 22, 2009
This video was taken on Monday, but Karter has gotten MUCH better at crawling/scooting since then. He is SO fast, much less side to side action and more straight ahead.
I dare you to watch this video without smiling at my two cuties! It makes me love my husband so much more when I see him playing with our babe.
Happy 100th post!
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Monday, January 19, 2009
Last Friday, I finalized a disk on our video camera and uploaded a bunch of videos onto the computer. To share them all with you, I am dubbing this week as "Video Week". For your viewing pleasure on Day 1 of Video Week, here his Karter opening his first present on his first Christmas....
Friday, January 16, 2009
Before we left, I decided to have a 7 month photo shoot with him. It didn't really go as I had planned because 1) it was his nap time so he wasn't really into smiling and 2) he kept taking his socks off! What is it with him and his socks!? Here are a few pics from this morning...
Found his sock!
Too cute for words...
He likes to try to attack the camera.
This is how he always is...one on and one off. Eventually, he will pull this one off too!
LOVE these eyes!
Pondering what we should do.
- Eating like a champ! He eats 3 "solid" meals and 5 bottles (still about 40 oz) a day. Starting last weekend, Karter gets meat with his dinner. He has had turkey, beef and chicken, and loved them all. He still doesn't eat fruit, but I've been sneaking it in with some of the veggies and he hasn't noticed...so don't tell him!
- Started drinking out of a sippy cup this week. While we were on our "Indiana Vacation" he started taking little drinks of water out of my cup. When we got home, any time he saw me with my cup he started going crazy and HAD to have a drink. So, I decided to get out the only sippy cup we had and fill it with water. The first day he drank about half of it...well, some probably dribbled down the front of him! It has a hard top, so he can't suck on it as well as a soft top, but still manages to drink a lot. We will be getting a different cup this weekend.
- Still a great sleeper. He gets his bath at 7:30 and goes to bed shortly after and will sleep until 7-7:30 in the morning. While we were in Indiana he wasn't sleeping the best, partly because he wasn't in his bed and partly because he was sick. A couple nights after we got home, he was back on schedule. He also takes 3 naps a day...1 long nap and 2 1-hour naps. Should he be down to 2 naps by now? I don't know...it works for him.
- Speaking of baths....he still LOVES them. I think it is his favorite time of the day. Kristoffer always gets him ready for his bath and he is all smiles when he gets in the tub.
- Chews on everything in sight. We've been thinking he's been teething for the last couple months, but there still isn't anything poking through. Although, he does have bumps on his gums...so maybe soon!
- He is always moving his hands. He will "clap" them together and this week has started waving. I'm always waving and saying hi to him in hopes that he will start to wave...I guess it's paying off!
- Hates to have socks on apparently. He doesn't fuss about them, but he always takes them off almost immediately after I put them on.
- Loves to jump. Whenever he is in the exersaucer or jumperoo he is jumping like crazy and blowing raspberries or talking the whole time. It is SO cute.
- He is gaining mobility! I can no longer put him in one spot on the floor and gaurantee that is where he is going to stay. He hasn't gotten craling down, but he knows how to roll and get where he needs to be. He can be surrounded by his toys, but when he sees Rascal with a toy or a treat he must have what Rasc has. He will roll and scoot around until he has it.
- Speaking of Rasc, they are best buds! Karter didn't see Rascal for about a week while we were in Indiana and when he saw him for the first time he giggled and clapped his hands. Every morning after I get Karterman up, we go in to say good morning to Rascal and he is all smiles.
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
I am happy to make his food for many reasons, but most of all because I know exactly what is going into it and it is much cheaper than store-bought food. I couldn't be more thrilled for this chance to cook for him.
The first vegetable puree I made was sweet potatoes, from left over Thanksgiving potatoes. Since then, I have made peas, mixed vegetables, apple sauce and now butternut squash. Everything has been super easy to make and doesn't take that much time at all, and once you have a freezer full you are set for awhile. As far as cost goes, this was a steal compared to store-bought baby food. It ended up being about 9 cents per serving versus 50 cents per serving for store-bought. I will continue to make most of his meals, the only thing I'm not ready to make is anything with meat in it. For now, I will let Gerber make those for him.
Here is my adventure in making butternut squash! (If you don't care to see a step-by-step, feel free to scroll to the bottom to see picture of my cutie eating it up!)
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
This weekend we picked out a mesh feeder for Karter. It is a really neat thing that you can put fruits, cooked veggies or meat into and they learn to chew without the risk of choking on the food. He loves to suck on them when there is ice in it, so I tricked him yesterday and put a slice of apple in there with the ice. He still won't eat any fruit, but he did continue to suck on it after the ice was gone!
Monday, January 12, 2009
Being a Hoosier is in Karterman's blood...we went to IU, ALL of his Aunts and Uncles went to IU and even his Grandma Terry went there. He most definitely is an IU baby and we can't wait to take him to visit the campus some day. Thanks to Aunt Emily and Uncle Zach, he can proudly show off his love for the Hoosier State!!
Thursday, January 8, 2009
Here is a look back at our Indiana vacation....
Aunt Emily helped out a lot with Karter. She even changed some poopy diapers and dressed him in the tightest shirt ever!
It is always a great time spending time with our family, especially when the 3 of us get to spend so much time together!
If these photos left you wanting more....haha...feel free to clear your afternoon and browse through all 178 photos!