Friday, February 27, 2009
It was fun for Kristoffer to relive some of those old memories. We found LOTS of awards, lots of old love letters, and several old projects that Kristoffer had to read through and tell me about! We found his yearbook from his senior year and enjoyed looking through that. He has told me a lot about what he was like in high school, but he left out one important detail....he was voted "Best Body!" That's right, I'm married to SHS Best Body 2001!!
Here are a few things we found on our journey down memory lane...
Who uses these glasses?
We tried to burn that candle, it was terrible. It could have been because it was 8 years old, who knows!
Kristoffer was/is a huge fan of The Rock. In one of the boxes there was probably 10 shirts with The Rock on them, this is him with his "favorite" shirt. He was adamant that we were keeping them all! He also had about 10-15 figurines, which he set them all out to proudly show me! Yep, had to keep them all too!
We found a lot of old game balls.
Thursday, February 26, 2009
We all rode together to the meeting in Hastings, and enjoyed a lunch out after the meeting. As usual, Karter fell asleep on the way home. Only this time, he had a partner....both boys passed out! Who knew it could be so tiring going out to lunch!?
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Karter has always been interested in Rascal's toys, but I always kind of cringe when he goes around them...they probably aren't the cleanest toys! So last night when he started playing with Rascal's ball I got a little nervous. However, the ball didn't go straight to his mouth, he actually threw it for Rascal to go get. Karter got really excited when Rasc would get the ball, but quickly got mad when he didn't bring it right back! Here is a little video of them playing last night....
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
I always sit Karter at the bottom of the stairs when I vacuum the entryway. He likes to be able to see me and the vacuum...he loves that thing! This is what I saw when I looked down at him, he was climbing the stairs! He looks SO proud of himself.
Karter is now at the age where he is so fun to play with and watch him crawl around and explore our house. Last week, he started to do something else that is a lot of fun...giving me hugs and kisses! It's the most WONDERFUL feeling as a mother to receive hugs and kisses from my baby boy. I was holding him last week and he just turned around and wrapped his arms around my neck and squeezed me! Now, he'll give me this huge, wet, wide, open mouth kiss leaving my cheek, nose, neck and whatever else he kisses covered in drool! I love it though, I just hold and hug him so tightly because it just melts my heart!
Monday, February 23, 2009
When the cake was finished, Kristoffer decided to play photographer. Enjoy his pics of me and the cake!
Sunday, February 22, 2009
Friday, February 20, 2009
Thursday, February 19, 2009
Next to our honeymoon to Hawaii, the Gray family vacations to EI are my favorite trips! We weren't able to vacation much when I was growing up, and I jumped at the chance to join the Gray clan Kristoffer and I's second summer together. I feel in love with the beach on that trip!! What's not to love...waking up to the ocean, ending each day with a BEAUTIFUL sunset, eating WAY too much, spending time with AMAZING people, eating crab legs EVERY day for dinner and watching my face turn into one big freckle!!
Last night we booked our plane tickets, which seems to make vacation seem much closer, unfortunately we still have to wait until July. We will be flying to Indiana and then driving the rest of the way with the rest of the family. It will be Karter's first vacation (that isn't to Indiana) and we are excited to see him playing with/eating the sand. It is sure to be another great vacation with our family! Here is a look at some of our past trips....(there aren't any pics of our first trip together, that was pre-digital!)
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Karter used to be able to lay on the bed while Kristoffer changed out of his work clothes, but now he would just crawl off the bed! Instead, Kristoffer puts him on the floor by the kitchen, and watches as Karter crawls down the hallway to get him. It is hilarious to watch, because Karter is laughing all the way down the hall.
After dinner, it is all Daddy all the time. The boys get to play together for a solid 30 minutes before bedtime. Karter absolutely loves this time (and I'm sure Kristoffer does too!), because there are some things that only Daddy can do with him. He likes it when Daddy plays kind of rough with him, but if I try, he will just look at me like I am crazy. On the other hand, he lets me cuddle with him more than Kristoffer. So...I will take the cuddling over the rough housing!! I think it adorable watching them together. Here is their latest video together....
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Monday, February 16, 2009
- He still eats 3 "solid" meals a day, but is down to only getting 4 bottles. In each bottle he is getting around 9 oz, so still a lot of milk. Our once veggie only baby, has turned into a fruit lover! He still eats a lot of veggies, but prefers some fruits now. His least favorite fruits are plain peaches and bananas. He loves peach cobbler, pears and blueberries.
- In addition to his baby food, Karter also loves to eat whatever we are having...but only if it is off our fork or spoon. Lately, he has had: pizza, spaghetti, hamburger, chicken, soup, bread sticks, green beans, jam, brownie and ice cream. (His daddy loves to feed him the sweet stuff!)
- After each meal and snack, he gets a drink from his sippy cup. We have tried to add juice to it, but he just wants plain water.
- He is crawling everywhere! He is very quick, especially when he is going after things he knows he isn't suppose to have. His favorite targets are Rascal's food dishes and ANY kind of electrical cord. He will take off really quickly and then look back to see if anyone is looking at him. When we tell him no he just laughs at us and takes off! He's all boy!
- Karter still likes to jump in his johnny jumper, but now that he has mobility he doesn't like the exersaucer so much.
- He also likes to be sang to, thankfully he doesn't mind how terrible my singing voice is! When I am trying to get him down for a nap and he just isn't having it, I can sing to him and he will calm right down. He also likes it when we are just acting silly and singing and dancing around the house. He just laughs the whole time, I hope he is laughing from enjoyment and not making fun of me!!
- His favorite game to play is peek-a-boo.
- He loves any toy, and will chew on anything. But, his all-time favorite toys are his blocks. If he sees us playing with them he has to come get them.
- Finally, he is growing so quickly. Kristoffer doesn't think he has grown in the last week, but he has! Pajama's that were way to big for him last week, are fitting him this week!! All of his clothes now are 12 month clothes, and we don't have many of them. He is also wearing size 4 diapers now too. I have to do a lot of laundry to keep up with him! We will be going shopping in the next few weeks for a whole new wardrobe for him. Man, I wish I got a new wardrobe every few months!!
Sunday, February 15, 2009
And now, Rasc after....
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Our new friends Julie & Henry came over today for lunch. Henry is just a little over a year old and just learned to walk last week. It was fun to watch Karter interact with someone close to his age. It was also a lot of fun to have another mom to talk to! We will be getting together again next week! Yay for new friends!!