Tuesday, June 29, 2010
He squeals with delight (and drools) the entire time!
Could we please take a moment to check out those legs...I am totally in love with those chubba-wubbas!!
Karter loves to swing in the big boy swing and always wants an "under doggie". I think it is safe to say that we love having the park right across the street!!
Monday, June 28, 2010
This was the first movie for both boys and they did great! Karter wasn't impressed with having to watch previews and kept saying "toy movie", but other than having to go tot he bathroom twice, he sat and watched the movie and ate his popcorn. Most people probably think we are crazy for taking Kaden to a movie, but he did fantastic!!! I had to feed him once (in the dark...I was pretty much going at it blind!) and after that he sat with me and eventually fell asleep. We all really enjoyed to movie, and as a parent it made me a little misty eyed!
Friday, June 25, 2010
We got Karter his own ice cream cone, and he was loving every minute of it!
The excitement was too much for Kaden to take!
Thursday, June 24, 2010
Soon enough he got over that and was all into it!
Monday, June 21, 2010
Karter had been talking about his party all week...he kept saying "elmo cake, Gramaw Papaw, open presents". He was super excited to open presents and was pretty good at ripping into them...
Friday, June 18, 2010
The appointment was pretty typical, with one major change...Karter now uses the big scale, he's not a baby anymore! His percentages aren't through the roof anymore, but he is still above average with his height. We weren't sure if he would need any shots at this appointment, but he ended up needing 2 shots and a finger prick. Of course, he hated getting the shots, but once he realized he was getting band-aids on them he was fine.
WEIGHT: 28.2 lb - 50.7%
HEIGHT: 2ft 11.5in - 79.4%
HEAD: 19in - 59.3%
We were at the clinic for over an hour, for only about 10 minutes worth a face time. All that extra waiting around is not a good thing when you have a very active 2 year old on your hands. He kept pointing and saying "this"...he wanted to play with the instruments the Dr uses to look in his eyes and ears. They are probably pretty expensive and not the best things for little boys to play with.
To help pass the time, I tried to entertain Karter by taking pictures. He thought it was funny that I took a picture of the two of us together and wanted me to take one with Kaden.
Wednesday, June 16, 2010
- Karter knows all of the alphabet and can identify all the letters and the sounds that they make. We practice the sounds by going "d-d-daddy" and he will do that a lot with his refrigerator magnets. He likes to find the V and say "v-v-Vicky".
- We have a lot of flashcards...animal, shapes, colors and number cards. Since Karter likes to be quizzed so much, he can identify every animal and the sound that they make, he knows almost every shape (including hexagon), he knows his colors and can count to 20.
- The wheels in Karter's brain are constantly turning and he can put little sentences together. Sometimes his brain is thinking faster than he can talk, so he repeats himself until the right combination of words come out. He is also really good at using adjectives to describe things, he'll call something big or hot or cold...etc.
- He has an impeccable memory, if he hears something once he doesn't forget it. Somethings I don't think he picks up on but he does. The other day I stubbed my toe and I said "dang it", and then the next day he dropped his car on his foot and said "dang it". He is definitely a parrot and will repeat whatever he hears!
- Karter can flat out talk! Whenever we are going somewhere he doesn't stop pointing things out...semis, RVs, stop signs, fire hydrants, flags, birds, buses, people, numbers....everything! On our trip to Indiana last month the only time he stopped talking was the 15 minutes he was asleep. He doesn't just talk, but he wants you to acknowledge that he is saying it.
- He'll do anything to make you laugh. His favorite thing to do is say the wrong thing on purpose just so you will correct him. Every night Kristoffer asks him how many treats (vitamins) he wants and he knows he gets 2, but will say a random number just so Kristoffer will say 2 in a silly way. He does things like that over and over!
- Reading and singing are still two of his favorite activities. We do both of these things so often that he can read and sing almost every book and song by himself.
- Elmo is still his favorite thing and he always asks to watch Elmo on TV. He is also really into Toy Story right now. We had a family movie night last weekend and he thought it was pretty cool to watch a movie and eat popcorn with mommy and daddy, and now he points out Woody and Buzz whenever he sees them.
- Karter is really polite. Whenever someone sneezes he will say "bless you", he likes to share his snacks with me and we are working on him saying "please" and "thank you" on a regular bases.
- He is about 75% potty trained. He no longer wears any diapers...Handy Manny undies during the day and robot undies (pull-ups) during nap time and at night. He has woken up dry every day for the past few weeks and hasn't had any accidents in over a week.
We are so proud of our big boy and all the things he can do. I could go on and on with different stories about Karter and the things he surprises us with every day, but I guess this list is long enough.
Here is a look back out how much our boy has changed....
What a blessing you are to our family, Karter....HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! We love you!!!
Monday, June 14, 2010
After test driving the Sienna we went back to VW and drove the Routan again. We still felt the same way, so we told our dealer, Steve that we wanted to buy it.
Steve was pretty happy to make a sale! The Volkswagen dealership is actually located where our old Saturn dealership was...kind of ironic to buy our two cars from the same place, but different dealers. (VW has been in Burnsville for 30 years, but just moved into the old Saturn building because it is closer to all the other dealers.)
Here is our new beauty...a 2009 VW Routan!! Our van is a "previously loved" vehicle that we think we got an amazing deal on...it only had 14k miles, power everything and still looks and smells new!