Monday, April 16, 2012

Orders

The past two months every weekend I have had at least one cookie/cupcake order! I have loved getting to try out a lot of new designs. Plus, I'm raising a lot of money for a good cause!! In 2013 our church is going to Kenya for a mission trip, and of course Kristoffer and I are not going to be able to go (2 newborns + 1 toddler + 1 preschooler = no leaving the country!), but I wanted to do something to help out. Our church has challenged us all to use our talents to support the trip, so I am doing "Cookies for Kenya"....50% of all my proceeds will be donated! My goal is to raise $300, and so far I am about a third of the way there!



*********************************



Kristoffer is a part of the fellowship branch at church, and they were planning a country sweetheart dinner. I volunteered to make some cookies as party favors for them.



Good practice for a wedding I have coming up!


***********************************

My business is branching out and spreading to new people, that I don't even know (but of course know Kristoffer and fam!)! I know a lot of people that work at the school and the word has spread there, so I got an email from woman at the school who wanted to place an order for her grandson's second birthday. She sent me a copy of the invitations and decorations and I did my best to copy them.




I love those little 2's!!



******************************


A dear friend from church asked me a to make some cookies for a client she works with, who's father is going into the Army. This family has had a rough life, and the dad is trying to make it better for his young family. They don't know the Lord and don't often have people do nice things for them, my friend was hoping with this gift they would come to know the love of Christ.




I was happy to try out the camo technique, because I have a big order of camo coming up this weekend.


(sorry, this pic won't stay turned!)


***********************


Last week our church family grew, when two of our members welcomed a beautiful baby boy into their family! They have a four year old little girl, who was excited to be a big sister, and they made her a "big sister" basket for when he was born. They asked me to make some cookies to include in her basket.

LOVE these butterflies!!




Congratulations Larson family!


********************************


This last order was placed because of word of mouth. Someone in our church family runs a catering business at a local golf course and asked me to do the cookies and cupcakes for a wedding shower she was doing.






The rings were fun to make. The icing was actually a light gray that I "blinged" up with some luster dust. The details on the diamond are also sparkly, but it is hard to tell in the picture.



Lemon cupcakes with lemon cream cheese frosting....YUM!!! These were a new recipe and turned out amazing!!


Our kitchen has been busy and is rarely completely clean of cookie stuff, but a lot of cute things are coming out of it!!

4 comments:

Terry said...

Good for you, Dana! Your talents are certainly being put to wonderful use. I'm continually amazed at what you come up with!!!

Kara said...

I love them all, especially the wedding ones. They're so cute!

Anique and Kamaron said...

Those butterflies and dragonflies are so GORGEOUS! You have such an eye for design :)

Niki said...

The cookies look amazing! You are probably wondering who I am- You had left a comment on my blog many years ago and I found it when I was looking through some of my archives. We are the Gray Family too- but still in MN! Hopefully you don't think I'm a weirdo- I'm really pretty normal and we seem to have a lot in common.