Monday, January 23, 2012

Random Recap: After Christmas - Present

The day after Christmas we loaded up our van and headed to the west side of the state to celebrate Christmas with my side of the family. It started out with gifts and lunch at Mom's....who had more than enough help passing out the presents!






Our handsome nephew, Jonah and our very stylish and accessorized niece, Olivia!



After a day of practice, Kaden was finally into opening his presents!



But was still pleased to play with one thing at a time.



Big brother on the other hand was not very patient and wanted every new thing out as soon as he opened it!


Christmas at Mom's is very different (but much more fun!) with 4 kids 4 and under running around!!!




This is the only picture I took at the Miller Christmas at Grandma's, but we all thought the big boys sitting at the "kids table" was super cute!!



***************



A few days after Christmas Jake and his gang came to visit our house for a few nights. One day for fun we took the kids to the Children's Museum in Muncie.















Of course, the big hit was watching the model trains go around!



The new "Tot Spot" was open and all the kids enjoyed the slide.





Karter wanted to practice helping Papaw in the garden!



That evening I had a little bit of helping making (or tasting!) some cinnamon bread for the next morning!



Rub-a-dub-dub 4 babies in a tub!



Mmmm...our cinnamon bread turned out wonderfully! It must have been all the little hands that helped. :)

Jonah wanted to help make some cookies...so Karter let him borrow his whale apron.





This one is all about the tasting!

We had such a wonderful time with the Tomaw family and were so sad to see them go!

***************



Uncle Jake and Aunt Joscelynn gave Karter a box of 4 12-piece puzzles for Christmas. The first day we opened them, we went through them together once and after that he was putting them together so fast by himself! He catches on quickly, and loves doing puzzles!

***************






We are slowly turning our new home into our own and adding our personal touches. I have a thing for monograms and have made 2 already for our house with a couple more on my radar. I made this jute covered G and a 4 for our mantel. I love doing different crafts to add a bit of us to our new space!

****************



Karter and Daddy having a standing 7am date every Sunday morning...my two hunks make us delicious pancakes for breakfast! For Christmas, "the boys" gave Daddy a perfect pancake maker. Karter loves to help his Daddy!!

***************



We haven't ever had a TV in our bedroom and we really don't watch it very much, but it came with the house so we kept it in there. The ones who us it the most is the boys! A couple times a few weeks ago, Karter woke up way to early. So while I was busy doing something else he crawled up into our bed to watch a "Karter show".



***************





Karter is so sweet and innocent. The other day he told me he needed a pen and paper so he could write a letter. When he was finished writ ting he read it to me so I could write down what it said...I just simple wrote what my sweet boy said!


"Dear Lord, Thank you for making everything. For making the plants and all the food we eat. Amen."



"Dear Lord, Thank you for making all the children. And for blessing all the cars. Thank you for loving me. Amen"



****************



Last week I was working on cookies all morning and suddenly I noticed that the boys were WAY to quiet. To my surprise, when I found them they were just reading books to each other!!






I think we are pretty much up-to-date now...thanks for being patient with us! Hopefully tomorrow, we will be back to regular posting. :)

1 comment:

Peggy said...

I love the Monogram G .... you are so crafty! Can't wait to see your house.