Today our baby boy turns 7 months old. It completely blows my mind that he was born 7 months ago!! This afternoon, while Karter was napping, Kaden and I had a little photo shoot...he is really good at working the camera!
Just can't get enough of his toothless grins!
And those big blue eyes!
And those big blue eyes!
And those chubby legs!
He is super flexible!
And super cute!
Shh...don't tell big brother that he found his piggy!
It's hard to tell, but his belly is off the floor.
Here is a little list of the things our growing boy is up to...
- He is a great night sleeper and getting much more consistent with his naps. He and Karter take a bath together around 7:30 and then he goes to bed and most nights we don't hear from him again until 6:30 or so. He is taking 3 naps during the day...2 short and 1 long. Thankfully, the Kaden's long nap occurs at the same time as Karter's!
- Kado is a champion eater! He is eating 3 "solid" meals a day and nursing 4 times. For the first time this week he had some meat, it was mixed in with his favorite vegetable, sweet potatoes, so I don't think he even noticed it was in there! He really likes to eat baby food and has a total of 5 stage 2 containers a day. His favorite foods have been anything with sweet potatoes in it and any kind of fruit...especially bananas.
- We have started to give him a sippy cup with water in it to practice with. At first he was pretty confused with what to do with it, since he hasn't ever drank anything out of anything else. He has the drinking now, but can't seem to hold the cup himself and that frustrates him!
- He is a mover! He hasn't quite figured out how to crawl, but he has started pushing himself backwards, going up on his hands and knees and rocking, and going in circles on his tummy. I cannot believe how close he is to crawling, it doesn't seem like he should be old enough for that just yet! He also moves all over his bed...he is a wild man in there and isn't ever in the same position when we go to get him.
- Kaden loves the water! Every night he has a lot of fun splashing in the bath tub with Karter and lately he has had a lot of fun splashing in our backyard pool.
- He chews on everything in sight and gets pretty upset when something won't fit in his mouth! He doesn't have any teeth yet, but with the amount of chewing you would think they would be coming.
- Kaden is such a ham...he LOVES the camera! He is so photogenic and I love his huge smile!
Happy 7 months baby boy!!