Wednesday, December 23, 2009

35 Weeks

This week I am 35 weeks pregnant and it is really starting to hit me that Baby K will be here very soon! I just finished up my last bi-weekly appointment and start going weekly when we return from Indiana. The black shirt in the picture helps hide just how HUGE my belly has gotten, I think Baby K is going to be a big boy just like his older brother. It isn't just my thinking either, Dr. TT said "wow, you look so much bigger than you did 2 weeks ago!" as soon as she walked into the room today. What a nice thing to hear! I've gained 3 lbs since my last appointment, taking my total weight gain to 22 lbs, which is actually pretty good. I gained 31lbs total with Karter, so I hopefully I won't gain that 9lbs while in IN next week! To entertain Karter while we waited for the Dr to come in today we put him on the scale and he weighed 27lbs!! The baby's heartbeat was right around 130bpm today and he is a very active little guy most of the time. My belly measured right on track for 35 weeks and at my next appointment I will get an ultrasound to make sure that he is head down. Thankfully everything has been pretty uneventful throughout the pregnancy, and she didn't ask if I had an big travel plans for Christmas...so I didn't tell her about our 12 hour drive this weekend!

On Sunday we tried to take my picture, but Karter is so used to being the one in front of the camera that he insisted on being in them too.

He knows where the baby is and will say baby or boy when you ask him what is in mommy's tummy. He also knows the baby's name, when you ask him where is he will point to my belly. Thankfully he can't say his K's yet, so don't think you are going to get the name out of him!

Karter is a lover and still likes to give the baby smooches!

And give mommy smooches!

After my photo shoot he still wanted to stand by the tree and have his picture taken, I was happy to get back behind the camera anyway!









3 comments:

Grandma T said...

Dana, you look healthy and glowing and beautiful! I can't wait to see my new perfect, bouncing grandson! And I can't wait to see you all in just 6 days!
Love you!!!

Jess said...

What a handsome boy and a beautiful mama! You look great!

Hope you have a safe trip and a great Christmas. Love Jess

Grandma V said...

Don't think Grandma T and I won't try to get Karter to tell us the new K name......
Can't wait to see you if the snow allows!