Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Cookies

This year is our fifth Christmas as husband and wife, and only the first one where we are actually going to be home on Christmas day. We are sad we aren't going to be with our families on the actual day, but super excited to start our own traditions for our growing family! Some of our family traditions we will be doing this year are going to church this evening, in the morning (after Santa wakes us up) Kristoffer will read to us the story of Jesus' birth from the Bible and after Karter has opened all of his gifts Kristoffer will make us all a "special" breakfast. Who knows what the afternoon will hold for us, but all that matters is that the three of us have the whole day together!

One tradition that I was super excited to start this year with Karter was making cookies for Santa! I made the dough yesterday and this morning after breakfast we started baking. Karter was really excited to wear his apron and help me cut out the cookies.

He was a pretty good helper, but towards the end his patience were running pretty thin so I finished cutting them by myself. He came back to help decorate though, I would ice and he would add sprinkles. (We were both so covered in sugar I couldn't get a picture.)

Once he discovered the cookie dough was edible, it was all downhill from there. Santa is lucky to have any cookies to eat tonight!

Karter also thought playing in the flour was a lot of fun.

The messier the better!

What kind of bakers would we be if we left the cookies out for Santa without taste testing them first?!

Hopefully Santa enjoys our cookies as much as Karter did!
Now if you will excuse me, I need to go clean flour and sugar from my kitchen floor...enjoy these three videos of Karter getting in the Christmas spirit!!



















Santa sent Karter an email!

1 comment:

Grandma T said...

Merry Christmas, my little Karter! You totally got Grandma in the holiday spirit! Love you and see you VERY SOON!!!