Thursday, December 3, 2009

Sesame Street

Karter and I have a pretty good routine that we follow everyday. Our mornings usually go like this, Karterman will wake up around 7-7:30am and we play for awhile and then have breakfast. After breakfast he plays by himself while I clean up the kitchen. After that, we play some more and do any other household chores that need to be done (Karter LOVES to help get the chores done...no joke!). Around 10am he starts cranky, but it isn't quite lunch or nap time yet, so a few weeks ago we started adding Sesame Street to our normal routine. I have to make sure that I set the DVR to record it, because lets face it, if Elmo isn't on what is the point of watching it and I have to fast forward through the "boring" parts! He really doesn't like Abbey's flying fairy school.
I bet you can't guess what made him so excited....

...well of course that was because it was time for Elmo's World!

I try not to let Karter watch too much TV during the day, but this is the perfect solution to our mid-morning slump! He climbs up on the couch and we snuggle for the entire episode. He knows when it is over it is time to go upstairs, have lunch and then take a nap. Of course, I have the songs stuck in my head all day and when I sing "Can you tell me how to get to Sesame Street", Karter points downstairs and says TV!! It cracks me up every time!

2 comments:

Grandma T said...

La-la-la-la, la-la-la-la...
Elmos' World! All little ones LOVE Elmo!!! Karter's daddy learned to read before kindergarten by watching Sesame Street! Is he following in Daddy's footsteps?!
Love you all!

Kara said...

I'm not sure those are the exact directions to Sesame Street, but if works for you guys, then what does it really matter?

Too cute!